LEONARDVILLE CHURCH OF CHRIST, Deer Island, NB
The Leonardville Church of Christ, located on Deer Island in New Brunswick Canada, is praying for a Preacher to move into our fishing community and work with us in continuing to build up the kingdom of God spiritually and numerically.
The work here is approximately 130 years old. The number of regular worshippers for our Sunday Service is between 60 and 70 with an average attendance of 50-55. These numbers increase when we take into account our Sunday School children.
Besides these ministries, we have a Junior Church Program, Youth Meetings and Small Groups. We also share in the ownership of Bayview Christian Camp on the Island which hosts four camps each summer.
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a College affiliated with the Christian Church / Church of Christ.
He must be passionate about relevant preaching, discipleship, community involvement, prayer and personal spiritual growth. Leadership skills with the ability to work well as a member of the team are a must.
If you are convicted that God is calling you t this Island Ministry, please respond at LeonardvilleChurchofChrist@gmail.com
MONTAGUE CHURCH OF CHRIST, Montague, PE
Montague Church of Christ, an Independent Christian Church, is seeking a Preaching Minister. We are in Montague, Prince Edward Island, Canada. A service centre for a rural population of 20,000, about a five hour drive north of Maine. Farming, fishing and tourism are the main industries. Attendance is approximately 100 at our Sunday morning service. We have a modern facility that will seat 300.
Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from a college affiliated with the Christian Church/Church of Christ and have at least five years experience in preaching ministry.
Candidate must be passionate about relevant preaching, discipleship, community outreach, prayer, and personal spiritual growth. He must have strong leadership skills, works well with others, is organized and will lead the church in spiritual and numerical growth.
Additional staff include: a part-time youth minister, and secretary. A salary of $50,000 will be paid to the successful candidate. If you feel God is leading you to our church, please send a video/audio sermon, your resume, and recent picture to:
PO. Box 74 Souris, PE. Canada C0A 2B0
Please feel free to call: 1-902-687-2690, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
DAVENPORT CHURCH OF CHRIST, Red Deer, AB
The Davenport Church of Christ in Red Deer, Alberta has an opening for a full-time minister effective immediately. We will be accepting applications until a suitable candidate is found.
A search team has been selected to work alongside the elders in the process of receiving and reviewing applications. Please send you letter of interest, your resume and three references to:
Ivan Perry, chair of the search team
68 Donlevy Ave
Red Deer, AB T4R 2Y8
Minister Profile – Davenport Church of Christ
- Evangelist – intentionally building relationships with non-Christians with the hopes of “making the teaching about God attractive” and telling them the good news
- Teacher/Preacher – well-versed in God’s Word and all that surrounds it so as to be able to effectively communicate in one-on-one and in public settings
- Equipper – intentionally building relationships with all members (child, teen and adult) of the Davenport Church to discover / affirm spiritual gifts and empower towards ministry
- Leader – representing the leadership’s vision to the congregation
- People-helper – providing pastoral care for the Davenport Church community
- Servant – demonstrating God’s love to those who are in need
- Spiritual so as to be led by the Spirit and display the fruit of the Spirit
- Prayerful so as to be dependent on God
- Student of the Bible so as to help others understand the same
- Caring and compassionate so as to be able to help people in life’s struggles
- Organized so as to be able to oversee ministries of the church
- Confident yet humble so as to effectively lead people
- Teachable so as to be able to receive helpful direction from the elders
- Musical so as to be able to equip people in music ministry for our assembly
- God – building a deep faith in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Family – nurturing and cherishing spouse and children
- Elders – working in a mutual accountability
- Ministry leaders – recruiting and empowering
- Members of Davenport Church – equipping and encouraging
- Non-Christians – caring and influencing
Experience and Education
- Married with a young family
- Exemplary in Christian character and lifestyle
- Demonstrated maturity through 5-10 years of experience in church ministry
- Background and/or willingness to work within the heritage of Churches of Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
To view current ministry openings listed with Crosslink.org click on link http://www.crosslink.org/OpeningsShowAll.php
COMMON GROUND CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Tampa, Florida
FULL-TIME SENIOR PASTOR for a 6 year-old, multi-ethnic church in an urban setting.
Our Church: Common Ground Church in Tampa, Florida, located in the Seminole Heights area, minutes from downtown Tampa, is a family of believers which averages in the low to mid 100s each Sunday and comes from varied ethnic, economic and personal backgrounds and finds its unity and “common ground” in Christ. We are a “come as you are” church in a neighborhood known for its eclectic restaurants and entrepreneurial spirit.
Expectations: Primarily includes preaching, teaching, leading a team-based ministry model, communicating vision, and shepherding the church. Must also work cohesively with part-time staff (currently a Worship Leader and Youth & Family Life Pastor) and with the Management Team. Should form and articulate the overall direction of the church’s ministry, including, but not limited to: strategic planning, community outreach efforts, coordination of programs, and overseeing activities led by staff and volunteer leaders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education from a Restoration Movement based Bible College/University and committed to the ideals of the Restoration Movement.
- A minimum five years’ preaching experience or a combination of preaching/teaching equivalency is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bible.
- Strong administrative abilities.
- Creativity in worship and programming.
- High quality interpersonal skills demonstrated in healthy communication and relationships with the staff and church family.
To Apply: Send resume with brief theological statement and references to email@example.com. Additionally, please furnish video/cd of your preaching or advise if this can be found online.
FIRST CHRISTIAN, Florissant, Missouri
First Christian is a regional church and one of the largest churches in the northern St. Louis area with an average attendance of 1,200+ with 2,500+ members. Located on 14 acres, the campus has evolved to over 100,000 square feet of space featuring a 1,600 seat, well designed worship center completed in 2006. Leadership is committed to strong Biblical teaching, passionate worship, and reaching out to the community in ways that connect unchurched people to Jesus Christ. First Christian has seen 500 decisions for Christ in 2011 & 2012 with over 300 of these decisions being baptisms. First Christian’s expansive ministry is a result of highly committed volunteers finding their ministry and serving with relentless dedication. This highly relational church is intent on stretching boundaries for the sake of reaching the community for Jesus Christ.
First Christian is seeking a high capacity, experienced, passionate worship leader. The worship pastor will report to the executive pastor of First Christian and is responsible to engage the congregation in worship. This role will serve to help develop the culture of worship for the church. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding worship team vocalists and band members as well as overseeing the worship portion of services, including musical selection, elements, and arrangements. Additionally, this position is responsible for the worship aspects of the church service and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of the church. The worship pastor collaborates with the executive leaders to ensure consistent quality, creativity, and theology. All products produced by this position will be considered completed as “work f. or hire” and be the property of First Christian. The worship pastor will work 45-55 hours per week (Sunday-Thursday). This position qualifies for vacation days and holidays including one week at Christmas. The benefits include Full Family Medical, Dental, Retirement, and Life Insurance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee leading worship for weekend, midweek, and special services
- Work in conjunction with the Media Pastor who oversees all areas of production (video, audio, light, sound, and staging).
- Expand and maintain the worship band and vocal members.
- Shepherd and mentor staff and volunteers serving in the worship ministry.
- Select songs and arrangements for services and develop them into a worship flow for each service at least two weeks in advance.
- Lead the creative team meetings and planning.
- Lead weekly rehearsals.
- Deepen the understanding of the worship department staff and volunteers of worship and the presence of the Lord.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship of the church which aligns directly with the Senior Pastor’s vision.
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
- Plan, lead, and produce at least quarterly nights of worship.
- Lead in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Oversee and stay within the annual budget
- Strive to incorporate other art forms in addition to music such as dance, painting, photography, etc.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and mission
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop
- Serve as part of the Pastor On Call rotation.
- Serve the church as an active church member.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
- Strong vocal skills, instrumental skills (prefer guitar or keyboard), song writing and arranging abilities, and able to rehearse a choir.
- Have a deep understanding of sound, lighting, and video in order to be able to work creatively and collaboratively with the Media Pastor.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Relational skills and a passionate presence and heart for leading worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- Must have a teachable spirit.
1. Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in Scripture,
2. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience,
3. Expert level written and verbal communication skills,
4. Project Management,
5. Strong Technology Skills,
6. Confidential, Helpful, Cheerful, Diplomatic, and Caring Positive Attitude to ALL,
7. Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task,
8. Equipment Maintenance,
9. Attention to Detail,
10. Work fast to meet hard deadlines (i.e.: days NOT weeks),
11. A working understanding and an interest in the latest trends of the latest trends in creative arts,
12. Demonstrate an Ongoing Relationship with Jesus Christ, and
13. Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of First Christian.
To find out more about First Christian, please take your time to peruse www.fccf.org to learn more about the church, vision and values, and the many other ministries of the church. You can email your application documents along with links to your worship leading videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.