CENTRAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Charlottetown, PE
The Family Minister at Central Christian Church will have a heart and vision for equipping parents to become the primary disciple-makers of their families. They will serve as the pastor-shepherd for volunteers and families at Central. The Family Minister will implement a ministry that is consistent with the overall vision and mission of Central Christian Church. This position will report to the Senior Minister.
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Saviour and Lord
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines
- A person of prayer
- Strong relationship skills
- A healthy balance of work and rest in their life.
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside of the church
- In agreement with the by-laws and doctrine of Central Christian Church
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams
- Ability to connect relationally with parents and children
- Good teaching ability and communication skills
- Ability to work closely with other ministry staff, elders, and board to see that our objectives are accomplished
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
- Experience in youth or children’s ministry would be an asset
- Having a family would be an asset
- Bible College or Seminary degree preferred.
- To help build a discipling culture among Children, Youth, Parents and Leaders
- Recruiting and equipping a team of volunteers in Youth ministries that leads to sustainability in these ministry areas
- Create a safe environment for children and youth that encourages growth in spiritual maturity
- Encourage and equip parents in their role as primary disciplers of their children. Support them in teaching and mentoring their children in a life of following Christ
- Develop a Student Leadership team who will be equipped to lead and make disciples of their peers
- Integrate youth and children into the larger church community. Help foster an ‘’extended family’’ atmosphere where all ages are valued and contribute
- Work with leaders to develop a coordinated curriculum for all ages that progressively teaches and models the life of Christ
- The Family Minister will be involved in the community, seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ.
- Interact with ministers from fellow C
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Participate in vision planning with the Elders
- Keep Senior minister and Elders informed of any issues related to family ministry
- Communicate vacation or leave time to Senior Minister
- Communicate issues or concerns with ministry partners
- Travel to events as needed
- Able and willing to preach as needed
- Approve or develop teaching materials as needed
Result-Based Job Description (Time frames will be provided in consultation with minister)
Relationships: This is a highly relational ministry and priority must be placed on building healthy relationships among children, youth, parents and staff.
Result #1 The Family Minister knows the youth and children by name as well as their parents’ names.
Result #2 The Family Minister participates weekly in community or school events involving youth or children.
Result #3 Children or youth, and their parents who are new to Central are followed up in a timely manner and made to feel welcome.
Result #4 The Family Minister has developed a weekly pattern of relationship building in the neighbourhood or with a community organization outside the church. Fellowshipping with pastors within and outside of our brotherhood is encouraged.
Result #5 The Family Minister is accessible to parents as a sounding board and to provide prayer or counsel when needed. Referring them to a professional counsellor is encouraged if needed.
Result #6 Events are planned on a regular basis that are engaging not only to church families but also those in the community.
Recruiting and Supervision This position requires someone who enjoys seeing others succeed and grow in their leadership abilities. The minister must first be an equipper, and secondly a doer.
Result #7 All volunteers receive training and regular feedback. All safety and prevention policies are being implemented.
Result #8 Regular meetings of adult volunteers and Student Leadership team are being held for training, encouragement, and prayer
Result #9 Youth staff have put together ministry plans, objectives, and budgets, and are evaluating progress toward those objectives on a regular basis.
Programs Children and youth programs need to maintain the focus on making disciples who have been equipped to make other disciples. Each program needs to be evaluated on the basis of how it is contributing toward this objective. The Family Minister, along with adult and student volunteers, will plan and facilitate these programs.
Result #10 The weekly programs are growing in participation, enthusiasm, and vision.
Result #11 A growing number of adults and youth are participating in small groups where they are being discipled and learning how to disciple others.
Result #12 Youth and children are regularly participating in Sunday morning ministries, and learning how to use their gifts and serving others.
Result #13 Youth and children are serving alongside adults in Compassionate Ministries and other outward focused ministries in the community.
Result #14 On a regular basis (at least once every two years) Youth and Adult Mission Teams are sent out. This is not solely the Family Minister’s role but will play a part in seeing this happen.
Salary package of $40,000.00 (with benefits) starting, negotiable depending on experience
Full time position
Email resume and references to:
The Elders, Central Christian Church, 167 Hillsborough Street, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4W8
Wayne Peters email@example.com
Blair Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron Ryder email@example.com
FIRST CHURCH OF CHRIST, CHEROKEE, IA
We are looking for a compassionate, bible based, and God called senior minister from the Restoration Movement who has the heart of a teacher to educate and motivate us toward discipleship so we can grow as a church body. This individual should be able to preach well from the pulpit as well as minister to members of the congregation who vary widely in personality and age. We want this individual to be able to be active in the community and build relationships with individuals and families looking for hope and salvation. A passion for youth ministry is a must without sacrificing the needs of older congregants. To be a productive member of our church this individual needs to demonstrate and practice effective communication skills in all forms including verbal, written and technological platforms. This is a full-time ministry position that includes a host of volunteers and one staff.
Church / Organization Information
First Church of Christ – Cherokee, Iowa
First Church of Christ is a body of Believers of the Restoration Movement who want to love one another and grow in their relationship with God.
We believe this is best accomplished when we:
- Share our Story of Faith with others
- Serve with a heart of generosity, compassion, and hospitality
- Gather to encourage, study and worship
- Devote ourselves to a life filled with prayer
- Love others just as Christ Jesus has loved us
God establishes the church and powered by the Holy Spirit so that each believer may let their light shine through service for God’s glory as we reach the lost through love, encouragement, and prayer.
Average weekly attendance is 90 – 100
To submit your application, please send or email your cover letter, resume, and references to:
First Church of Christ
772 N. 2nd
Cherokee, IA 51012
BETHANY CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Dallas, Georgia
Bethany Christian Church is a contemporary, instrumental, and vibrant Restoration Movement Christian Church in Northwest Atlanta, GA suburbs. We are currently seeking the man God wants as our next Senior Minister. We average 350-400 in weekly attendance. We have a fairly large footprint in the community, but we have barely scratched the surface. HUGE growth potential with great congregation, staff, facilities and leadership team in place. Some of the characteristics that God has shown us that we need for the man in this ministry include:
- He MUST be in love with Jesus. This is non-negotiable.
- He MUST prioritize in this order: Jesus, Family, Church. This is non-negotiable also.
- He should lead his family well and they need to support his ministry.
- He should be solidly based in Scripture with Restoration Movement background preferred.
- He should view this as a ministry and a calling and not just a job. He is self-motivated.
- He should be exceptionally gifted and engaging from the pulpit.
- He should agree with our “live, love and serve” philosophy.
- He should have a solid background. References will be checked closely.
- He should love and relate to everyone regardless of their personal or professional status.
- He should be real and genuine. Not perfect, but real and genuine.
- He should have a heart for youth and the other ministries within the church.
- He should be high energy, humorous, charismatic and outgoing. Not a wallflower.
- He should have a genuine concern and interest for the community.
- He should be able to work with an active, committed Eldership and Staff.
- He should be able to lead, delegate, mentor and provide vision.
This is an EXCELLENT opportunity for the right Senior Minister. If you feel that you would meet at least most of these characteristics, then please send your resume and any supporting audio/video files of your sermons to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT contact the church directly. Thank you and God Bless You.
COMMON GROUND CHRISTIAN CHURCH, Tampa, Florida
FULL-TIME SENIOR PASTOR for a 6 year-old, multi-ethnic church in an urban setting.
Our Church: Common Ground Church in Tampa, Florida, located in the Seminole Heights area, minutes from downtown Tampa, is a family of believers which averages in the low to mid 100s each Sunday and comes from varied ethnic, economic and personal backgrounds and finds its unity and “common ground” in Christ. We are a “come as you are” church in a neighborhood known for its eclectic restaurants and entrepreneurial spirit.
Expectations: Primarily includes preaching, teaching, leading a team-based ministry model, communicating vision, and shepherding the church. Must also work cohesively with part-time staff (currently a Worship Leader and Youth & Family Life Pastor) and with the Management Team. Should form and articulate the overall direction of the church’s ministry, including, but not limited to: strategic planning, community outreach efforts, coordination of programs, and overseeing activities led by staff and volunteer leaders.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education from a Restoration Movement based Bible College/University and committed to the ideals of the Restoration Movement.
- A minimum five years’ preaching experience or a combination of preaching/teaching equivalency is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the Bible.
- Strong administrative abilities.
- Creativity in worship and programming.
- High quality interpersonal skills demonstrated in healthy communication and relationships with the staff and church family.
To Apply: Send resume with brief theological statement and references to email@example.com. Additionally, please furnish video/cd of your preaching or advise if this can be found online.
FIRST CHRISTIAN, Florissant, Missouri
First Christian is a regional church and one of the largest churches in the northern St. Louis area with an average attendance of 1,200+ with 2,500+ members. Located on 14 acres, the campus has evolved to over 100,000 square feet of space featuring a 1,600 seat, well designed worship center completed in 2006. Leadership is committed to strong Biblical teaching, passionate worship, and reaching out to the community in ways that connect unchurched people to Jesus Christ. First Christian has seen 500 decisions for Christ in 2011 & 2012 with over 300 of these decisions being baptisms. First Christian’s expansive ministry is a result of highly committed volunteers finding their ministry and serving with relentless dedication. This highly relational church is intent on stretching boundaries for the sake of reaching the community for Jesus Christ.
First Christian is seeking a high capacity, experienced, passionate worship leader. The worship pastor will report to the executive pastor of First Christian and is responsible to engage the congregation in worship. This role will serve to help develop the culture of worship for the church. The worship pastor is responsible for training and shepherding worship team vocalists and band members as well as overseeing the worship portion of services, including musical selection, elements, and arrangements. Additionally, this position is responsible for the worship aspects of the church service and oversees the key components for the overall feel, aesthetics, and health of the church. The worship pastor collaborates with the executive leaders to ensure consistent quality, creativity, and theology. All products produced by this position will be considered completed as “work for hire” and be the property of First Christian. The worship pastor will work 45-55 hours per week (Sunday-Thursday). This position qualifies for vacation days and holidays including one week at Christmas. The benefits include Full Family Medical, Dental, Retirement, and Life Insurance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee leading worship for weekend, midweek, and special services
- Work in conjunction with the Media Pastor who oversees all areas of production (video, audio, light, sound, and staging).
- Expand and maintain the worship band and vocal members.
- Shepherd and mentor staff and volunteers serving in the worship ministry.
- Select songs and arrangements for services and develop them into a worship flow for each service at least two weeks in advance.
- Lead the creative team meetings and planning.
- Lead weekly rehearsals.
- Deepen the understanding of the worship department staff and volunteers of worship and the presence of the Lord.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to carry out the overall vision of corporate worship of the church which aligns directly with the Senior Pastor’s vision.
- Recruit, train, organize, and shepherd music and production volunteers.
- Plan, lead, and produce at least quarterly nights of worship.
- Lead in songwriting, arranging, and recording.
- Oversee and stay within the annual budget
- Strive to incorporate other art forms in addition to music such as dance, painting, photography, etc.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and mission
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop
- Serve as part of the Pastor On Call rotation.
- Serve the church as an active church member.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A strong gift for leadership and a proven track record of developing leaders of leaders.
- Strong vocal skills, instrumental skills (prefer guitar or keyboard), song writing and arranging abilities, and able to rehearse a choir.
- Have a deep understanding of sound, lighting, and video in order to be able to work creatively and collaboratively with the Media Pastor.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Entrepreneurial aptitude.
- Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, and prioritizing.
- Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Relational skills and a passionate presence and heart for leading worship.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- Must have a teachable spirit.
1. Fulfill the character qualifications of an elder as taught in Scripture,
2. Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience,
3. Expert level written and verbal communication skills,
4. Project Management,
5. Strong Technology Skills,
6. Confidential, Helpful, Cheerful, Diplomatic, and Caring Positive Attitude to ALL,
7. Ability to Prioritize and Multi-Task,
8. Equipment Maintenance,
9. Attention to Detail,
10. Work fast to meet hard deadlines (i.e.: days NOT weeks),
11. A working understanding and an interest in the latest trends in creative arts,
12. Demonstrate an Ongoing Relationship with Jesus Christ, and
13. Must attend worship services regularly and participate as an active member of First Christian.
To find out more about First Christian, please take your time to peruse www.fccf.org to learn more about the church, vision and values, and the many other ministries of the church. You can email your application documents along with links to your worship leading videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.